Angel Dust Interview




1. What's the best venue's you've performed at?

The best venue's I have performed at are Bar 10 WeHo (before it shut down), Flaming Saddles for Saloon Gals on Friday's, and Hamburger Mary's.

2. What are your goals/aspirations?

I want to perform all over the world on my own tour and I also want to start my own cosmetics brand. It's going to be "Angel Dust" by Angel Dust.

3. If you were own RuPaul's Drag Race, what would be the first thing you'd say walking into the werk room?

"Yes I'm a bottom".

4. What's the best thing you've ever designed?

I once made a dress out of condom wrappers for the LGBT Resource Center on campus and it was really fun to do!

5. What inspires you to get into character?

I am inspired by pop stars and the way they carry themselves. Especially the trashy ones. This extends beyond even America. The K Pop stars are also very interesting and I love watching that style too and how they portray themselves to their fans.

6. If you could perform drag anywhere, where would it be?

I really would love to perform for the Queen someday... And by queen I mean Beyonce.

7. How much preperation goes into a show? How long does it normally take?

Coming up with a concept can come up for a performance takes me a lot of time but it also can be sporadic. Once I have that, I reach out to my designer and come up with an outfit. We do at least two fittings of an hour each. Mixing the music can take one to three hours. Choreographing it takes about six hours. Teaching it to my dancers takes about four hours. Then I order all the props. Makeup can take an hour and a half. Padding takes thirty minutes. Plus travel. Plus getting dressed. It's a PROCESS, GIRL!

8. How would you describe your drag style? 

Pop star meets anime fan.

9. What or who inspired your choice of hair?

Ariel Versace and Alyssa Edwards inspire my wig choice a ton.

10. If you were to walk down the runway, what song would you do it to?

Right now I'm feeling like walking down the runway to anything by Ariana Grande. Alternatively, I would walk to 'Don't Hurt Yourself' by Beyonce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alyssa Edwards 'Dancing Queen'

Alana Duvey Interview

Laganja Estranja Interview