Fabeyonce McMichaels Interview


1. When was the first time you heard about drag?

The first time I heard about drag was about 6 years ago, me and my partner just started to go out and hit the scene a few friends that did the art so we started to support them.

2. How did you and Morgan meet and how did she become your drag mother?

I met Morgan at Toucans Tiki Lounge in Palm springs. I've supported the show they're on Sundays where she has her show McSunday and we chatted a few times. I became the door hostess and from that I got bookings through Morgan and we clicked instantly. After a few short months she asked if I take her last name. I was in shock but totally thought it was right for both of us.

3. Is there anything about drag that you feel not enough people know about?

I feel not many understand how much we invest in our drag so it's important to always tip your Queens even if they're not your cup of tea. 

4. What queen's would you most like to perform with?

If this was asked before I became a McMichaels I would have said Morgan McMichaels, Delta Work, Marieah Balenciaga, Jasmine Masters, Mayhem Miller, Kennedy Davenport, Sonique but I have been blessed to already work with them.

5. What made you decide that drag is what you wanted to do?

Drag wasn't a thing I wanted to do, a queen assumed I was a drag queen because my name has always been Fabeyonce so she pushed me into trying drag out and it grew on me. I wanted to learn more so I did.

6. Has drag helped you in any way? (good or bad)

Drag has helped me become more confident in and out of drag. It also made me realize who my real friends are.

7. Can you tell us about your first performance?

The first time I hit the stage I performed Whitney Houston 'I'm Every Woman' with one cincher on see-through tights, black wedges and a Nappy Brown short wig I swear I thought so fierce but months down the road I started to find out who Fabey really was.

8. You performed at McSunday, how did the show go? What was your favourite part of the night?

McSundays in Palm Springs is always a blast. The party never stops and the best part of the night is hanging out with my family. It's important for me and we're going to spill the T.

9. What's the hardest part of drag?

To me the hardest part of doing drag is the body. I'm a big guy but I sure do shape that has a lot of my body so with that I learn how to work with it all on.

10. What to you is the most important part of drag?

The most important part of drag is to show respect to one another and don't compete with each other and don't steal shit that doesn't belong to you. We all work hard for what we have and would love to enjoy it for a little while.

You can find Fabeyonce on Instagram and on YouTube under Fabeyonce and if she has any shows near you then go to them!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alyssa Edwards 'Dancing Queen'

Alana Duvey Interview

Laganja Estranja Interview