Eaton Bush Interview



1. Who or what inspired you to become a drag king?

I struggled with my gender indentity my entire life and I found drag to be a good outlet for me to be comfortable in public presenting as male.

2. What's the best venue you've performed at?

Dragoween, it's a fundraiser to help with drug and alcohol rehab in the Austin LGBTQ community.

3. Do you think not enough people know about drag king's?

Absolutely. I hope to help change that.

4. Do you wish that there was a platform like RuPaul's Drag Race for drag king's?

That would be fantastic.

5. How does a drag act come together for you?

With a lot of help from other people who are much more talented than I am.

6. How long after learning how to do drag did you perform at your first show?

It took me about 20 years.

7. What gave you the confidence to do drag?

It is a very supportive community. I know that no one is judging me. We are all just being the best we can be.

8. How do you deal with pre-show nerve's?

Remembering that it is for fun and entertainment. I try to not get too serious about it.

9. Do you feel like drag is a way of expressing yourself?

It definitely is for me. I get to be the person I feel I am on the inside.

10. If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be?

Dedicated.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alyssa Edwards 'Dancing Queen'

Alana Duvey Interview

Laganja Estranja Interview